Building Manager (Property Management)
Date Posted: 12/18/2023
Contact email: email@example.com
Akridge is a full-service commercial real estate company and a prominent investor and developer in the Washington, DC and North Carolina regions. We invest in, develop, and manage commercial real estate, from office buildings to mixed-use space. Since our founding in 1974, Akridge has acquired, developed, or entitled over 14 million square feet of commercial real estate and land. We believe in transforming the landscape of our nation’s capital through places that make working more productive, playing more delightful, and living in our city more harmonious. Akridge is committed to sustainable development and operating practices, and has been recognized as an Energy Star Top Performer and Energy Star Partner of the Year. Some of Akridge’s most notable projects include the 1 million square foot Gallery Place, the internationally recognized Homer Building, and the 3 million square foot Burnham Place air rights development project at Union Station. Akridge is proud to invest, build, and operate properties that provide lasting value for our investors, quality work environments for our Clients, and vibrant neighborhoods for our community. Our fully integrated platform allows us to enhance a property’s value throughout every stage of development and operations. We acquire and develop properties that generate consistent and strong, above-market returns for our investment partners. Our developments become destinations that attract high-quality Clients and make neighborhoods more desirable. Our comprehensive real estate knowledge and experience enables us to create smart investment strategies that respond to market opportunities. Our operating and development expertise gives us an unparalleled ability to execute these strategies and deliver exceptional results. Akridge invests like an operator, and operates like an investor.??
The Building Manager is responsible to support the management and operation of first class commercial office buildings in the Akridge portfolio as assigned. The Building Manager’s primary obligation is to provide outstanding customer service to Clients, investors and vendors through innovative, responsible and responsive building management and financial management techniques.
This position shall be responsible for supporting seven (7) assignments, primarily office properties, in the Akridge portfolio. This position will primarily sit in Akridge’s headquarters office, located at 601 Thirteenth Street NW, but will entail visiting properties regularly. Please note that assignments are subject to change.
The Building Manager will also coordinate with the Building Services, Leasing, Construction Management and Accounting departments to ensure outstanding customer service is provided to our Clients and Investors.
This position reports directly to the Senior Property Manager or Property Manager of the assigned properties and works in cooperation with the Building Services staff, property management staff and other members of the building team, outside contractors, and in the service of all Building Clients.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with tenant representatives by visiting each Client contact on a regular basis (at least twice per month)
- Work in conjunction with other Akridge departments and all outside contracted personnel to provide Clients with the highest level of quality service.
- Be familiar with all lease terms and requirements
- Communicate with Clients through the of Electronic Tenant Solutions software.
- Coordinate Client relations activities with Akridge.
- Respond promptly to all Clients inquires and follow up with all requests for services.
- Perform administrative duties including invoice approval, access security fob and contact management and other duties as assigned.
- Assist Senior Property Manager and Property Manager with budget preparation.
- Issue Client Manual and see that information is kept current.
- Assist with contract management and preparation as requested.
- Assist with creation, planning and implementation of building wide Client events.
- Provide back up for the lobby attendant or security guard.
- Provide notary services to building Clients.
Site Inspections and Building Operations
- Work with Chief engineer and building services staff to ensure that the building mechanical systems and grounds are clean, secure, energy efficient, operating properly and in compliance with building codes.
- Maintain vacant space in secured and marketable condition at all times.
- Maintain emergency procedures guidelines.
- Oversee on site contracted personnel to ensure that they provide our Clients with the highest quality service. Act as a liaison with the Management Contact for the particular service provider.
- Develop professional working relationships with Leasing, Construction Management, Development and Building Services.
- Initiate work tickets as a result of site inspections and follow up with Engineer, Porter or Lobby Attendant.
- Follow up with clients on work orders.
- Act as contact for requests from Clients regarding contract work and contracted personnel. Initiate work request and/or arrange for contractor. Inform PM and follow up with contractor and Client.
- Schedule cyclical maintenance such as window washing, carpet cleaning, and elevator maintenance.
- Input work tickets into computer as needed. Close work tickets as requested by Property Manager.
- Follow up status and classify as to urgency. Keep Senior Property Manager advised of problems in the building.
- Distribute annual Client survey forms to all Clients and coordinate with Senior Property Manager and Property Manager on follow- up of evaluations by letter and telephone.
- Initiate invoices for all Client billable work performed by Akridge staff and outside contractors.
- Code all vendor invoices in accordance with the building budgets for approval by others.
- Responsible for recurring procedures associated with Client move-ins including but not limited to: preparation and presentation of welcome letters; Initiation of recycling program; follow up on order of directory strips, suite and building signage.
- Initiate major non-recurring and capital improvements projects according to the budget schedule.
- Assist with other financial reporting.
- Assist with department wide programs as requested.
Conference Room Management (if applicable)
- Schedule and manage conference rooms or other public areas of the building.
- Manage building staff with set up and break down of conference facility
- Assist with IT support for the conference facility
- Initiate invoices for conference room use
- Oversee general appearance and upkeep of the conference facility
- The Building Manager must obtain approval from the Senior Property Manager prior to making any expenditure on behalf of the building in excess of $1,000 (and must conform to the pertinent management agreement).
- Assist Engineer staff with administrative tasks.
- Assist with compliance with Akridge’s internal building operational audit program (BOA).
- Attend weekly staff meetings as well as other regularly scheduled building meetings.
- Assist with creation, management and implementation of building’s emergency preparedness plan.
- Assist with creation, management and implementation of building’s sustainable plan.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelors degree preferred
- 2-3 years experience in commercial real estate preferred
- Experience with preparing and administering corporate budgets
- High level of professionalism and the ability to work with various personalities.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Proficient in Word and Excel and the ability to function on a variety of computer software programs.
- Building Managers will be expected to enroll in the Real Property Administrators curriculum with the intention of receiving a RPA designation within approximately three years and to become a notary republic.
Akridge believes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic buisnes goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All qualifed applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org_ or call (202) 624-8626._