This position is primarily responsible for providing support to the Property Manager/ Community Association Manager in all aspects of property management including but not limited to operations, office administrative duties, and maintenance.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee at no cost to the employee
Additional medical plan options available at a small monthly cost
Employee responsible for monthly premiums for additional dependents
Health Savings Account (HSA) available depending on medical plan selection. Company contributes monthly ($100/ employee or $200/employee+)
LTD, STD, and life insurance for the employee at no cost to the employee
Minimum of 160 hours (20 days) of PTO
Most federal holidays are observed; the employee’s birthday is observed as a holiday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide full administrative support, including but not limited to answering phone calls and routing callers to the correct individual when necessary, typing reports, filing, and distributing correspondence.
- Order and maintain office supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating bid proposals and service contracts.
- Maintain PO system including renewing standing orders.
- Assist with preparation of monthly report as needed.
- Prepare documents for meetings and other key events.
- Greet scheduled visitors and conduct to appropriate area or person.
- Maintain security card administration including records.
- File and maintain organized system for documents and paperwork
- Code and approve invoices using YARDI budgeting software for approval by immediate supervisor.
- Manage the property work order system to ensure tenants’ service requests are responded to and taken care of in a professional and timely manner.
- Prepare routine correspondence with tenants, owners, and clients.
- Manage correspondence across multiple properties if applicable.
- Assist with tenant inquiries/concerns, communications, and manage public relations.
- Promote and foster positive relationships with tenants and owners. Plan and implement tenant relations programs and events.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings or special events as required.
- Handle property inquiries and violations as well as basic rental agreements. Address unit owners/tenants' requests, comments, and concerns.
- Assist with setup of new contractors, request copies of invoices when necessary, and respond to vendor accounts payable questions.
- Assist with and complete miscellaneous tasks and special projects.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years of experience and/or training in real estate office administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum one (1) year experience in a property management office environment preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Accounting Software (Yardi); Internet Software; Payroll Systems (ADP); Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Order Processing Systems; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); cloud-managed file storage systems (SharePoint).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.