Property Manager, Alexandria, VA
Paradigm, through our independent real estate development, construction and property management companies, delivers a full range of real estate services. Our goal at Paradigm is to create a workplace built on teamwork, respect, and authenticity. Empowering our employees to pursue the company mission, to utilize our hard work, integrity, intelligence and experience to deliver the highest level of value and satisfaction to our residents, investors, customers and employees. We encourage our teams to be the difference!
We are looking for the right candidate to join the management team at our luxury apartment community in Alexandria, VA. As a Property Manager you will gain invaluable business, sales, and customer service experience and the opportunity to grow and advance in the Paradigm organization.
What the Property Manager will be doing:
- Managing day to day operations of the property, including handling accounting process, completing financial and business reports and preparing property’s annual budget.
- Achieving leasing and resident retention goals by overseeing leasing and marketing functions and handling resident relations.
- Supervising property staff including hiring, training, scheduling, employee relations, corrective discipline, and final review of all reporting.
- Overseeing maintenance department to insure property is run effectively and efficiently and is maintained as needed.
- Administering vendor contracts and overseeing capital projects to ensure timely completion, and adherence to budget.
- Ensuring compliance to overall company policies and procedures, including housing, employment and maintaining property budget.
- Work schedule may include occasional evenings and weekends for leasing and marketing events, task completion, and response to property emergencies.
What the Property Manager will need to succeed:
- Successful experience as a Property Manager, or a minimum of 3 years of successful experience as an Assistant Property Manager, is required.
- Demonstrated expertise with AMSI and Entrata (property management software platforms).
- Comprehensive understanding of sales and marketing techniques and knowledge of social media platforms.
- Experience managing and guiding the work of others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Excel) and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to problem solve.
- Strong mathematical skills to complete financial, accounting and lease processes.
- Good organizational skills with accuracy in work, ability to multi-task, and meet established deadlines.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- College degree required; property management certification preferred.
The benefits you will receive working at Paradigm (upon eligibility):
- Comprehensive Medical with multiple Dental and Vision options.
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution.
- 401(k) plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
- Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
- Recognition awards and employee referral bonuses.
- Housing rental discount and free on-site parking during work hours.
- In-house professional training and a ‘Promote from Within’ company culture.
Candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, familial, disability or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person