Regional Director, Property Management
Position: Regional Director
Reports to: Vice President of Property Management
Location: Washington, DC
Benefits: Performance-based bonuses; comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; generous paid time off and 12 paid company holidays; 401K with company match; parental leave; and more.
The UIP Companies, Inc. (UIP) is a vertically integrated real estate investment, development, asset and property management, and general contracting firm specializing in multi-family, mixed-use, retail, and light industrial properties predominantly in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, including assets in DC and its close-in suburbs, Baltimore, MD, and Arlington, VA. Since 2001, UIP has provided quality housing that satisfies the most discerning residents and investors.
Reporting to the Vice President of Property Management, the Regional Director is responsible for the management of a portfolio of apartment communities in the DC area and the delivery of strong financial results of each community, ensuring that it is appropriately staffed and managed to provide optimum returns for investors while providing a positive, engaged experience for employees, residents, and the community. The Regional Director is responsible for the integrity of every community in their portfolio and provides leadership and guidance on operational and financial matters.
- Oversee operational and financial management for a number of apartment communities in the DC metropolitan area.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business and marketing plans.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with Regional and Community Managers to keep them apprised of initiatives, change management, law updates, etc.
- Work with development partners on all phases of redevelopment and construction and attend construction meetings and provide input as appropriate.
- Implementation of effective cost control while minimizing delinquency and increasing revenue.
- Work with Regional and Community Managers on reforecasting and developing annual budgets.
- Maximize income resulting in high occupancy and competitive pricing, ensuring each property provides/builds value for the company and its investors and meeting income, expense and leasing goals for the portfolio.
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in the hiring process.
- Empower managers to work collaboratively to accomplish business goals and establish best practices.
- Manage performance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Work closely with property teams in the implementation and execution of programs that yield brand alignment.
- Contribute to the creation of and ensure execution of marketing plans for communities within assigned portfolio.
- Possess thorough knowledge of competitive properties and market knowledge of all assets in portfolio.
- Promote resident satisfaction and retention.
- Manage and build the owner/investor relationship by meeting with owners, conducting property tours, providing updates and information about property performance and responding to owner’s requests, as needed.
- Work with owners, investors, asset management to maintain and improve the value of assets.
- Assure adherence to government regulation and UIPPM policy regarding sensitive issues including Fair Housing, Americans’ with Disability Act, Equal Opportunity Act and OSHA.
- Perform other projects and duties, as required.
- BA/BS degree, preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in multi-family, multi-site property management required, preferably 3+ years’ experience managing 1,500 units with class A, lease-up assets
- Proven experience in managing property rehab and development projects from planning and implementation through to completion
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Proficiency with property management software platforms, preferably Yardi
- Strong, positive, motivational leadership style in managing multiple teams to success
- Strong communication and presentation skills with multiple stakeholders including residents, employees, peers, vendors, investors, and owners
- Proven track record of ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders
- Strong financial aptitude and analytical skills and demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MSOffice suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- CAM, ARM, CAPS designation, preferred
UIP Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.